Sign in to follow this  
BOONGSY

Anyone blend their foods?

Just wondering how many ppl on here blend there food in a food processor with water and drink it rather than eat it?

at the moment im blending my breakfast (cooked eggs/chicken/spin/tom) and starting to blend up my lunch and dinner (chicken/broc/beans/carr/peas)

main reason is just a time factor, its taking me longer and longer to eat my meals. this way they are gone in a minute.

so how many other ppl do this? is it something i should be doing i dont see how it would change anything other then the speed its digested even that but im not sure can someone clarify?

Found this on medical journal website.

"If you noticed in hospitals where sick people aren't allowed to eat solid food, they have to eat blended liquidized food. And in a recent Dietitian Journal of America, it was found that liquidized food made people lose weight quickly which was unexpected. This is because that blended food had fats and oils breakdown first when you blend it. Therefore, most of the liquidized food mainly consists of important vitamins and proteins.

Also, when you blend your food, it is easier to digest and excrement your food faster. This means that food exits out of your system faster than normal, so you have less energy available to store as fat in your body. When you eat solid foods, your body has to digest longer. This means that the body can take its time to absorb all the energy from the food to convert into fat. Liquidized foods don't have that much time, because they have to exit out faster because of the liquid texture and nature of the food."

So basically your altering the fat and calorie content of your diet, you could be eating less calories than required effectively making you lose weight and muscle mass. Problem with this is you can never be certain by how much the nutritional value of your food is altered unless you get it independantly tested which makes it very difficult to compensate for the defecit.

ah thanks for that mate. i decided not to do my ohter meals just my breakfast now

i blend cottage cheese and peanut butter with a bit of casien in my bedtime shake.. thats about it.

as far as weird things go... I melt peanutbutter into spinach

Mate whenever I blend I spend more time cleaning the thing then eating it. I don't know it saves time?

Maybe I'm just a mess lol

if you're too f**king lazy to chew your food then don't bother lifting.

How many professional athletes or bodybuilders have you heard about blending their foods?

Frozen brocholli, like 8 or so pieces, frozen blueberrys, yogurt, LSA mix, protein scoop, vanilla fat free yogurt, and a little milk, water!

sometimes peanut butter..

the blueberys kill the brocholli taste hard.. you can't even taste it it's not too bad.

the best.. haha every mornin

How many professional athletes or bodybuilders have you heard about blending their foods?

Heaps of people do it u moron. it's pretty convenient then steaming the vegetables and shit in the morning.

Frozen brocholli, like 8 or so pieces, frozen blueberrys, yogurt, LSA mix, protein scoop, vanilla fat free yogurt, and a little milk, water!

sometimes peanut butter..

the blueberys kill the brocholli taste hard.. you can't even taste it it's not too bad.

the best.. haha every mornin

Heaps of people do it u moron. it's pretty convenient then steaming the vegetables and shit in the morning.

Blending a shake is different to blending a f**king meal don't you think.

No need for the name calling.

am i a professional weight lifter or athlete? NO! so go suck a dick hero

I am personally a convert to this. I have been making up my 'breakfast' which is now frozen berries, natural peanut butter, cottage cheese, scoop of protein, milk, bulk oatz and 2 eggs. Its easy to get down and quick. Also I have been blending up fruit and shit with my PWO shakes.

Blending a breakfast shake is a bit different to lunch/dinner. You still have to cook/make all the ingredients anyway and then blend them. How does one not have 10-15mins to sit on their arse with a plate infront of them and eat.

I know someone who had a broken jaw and wanted a big mac meal so their family bought one & blended the burger and chips and sucked it through a straw. Somethings tastes great individually but should never be blended together and taken as a shake. Seriously unless you are a baby or stroke victim man up and chew your food. Otherwise go Jeremy clarkson styles and make a V8 blender and throw in a side of beef. :shades:

Blending is a good option, especially at uni where i don't often have the time to sit and chew away in a lecture.

For me it really comes down to a blended lunch or no lunch at all; as for me it is often straight out of one class and into the next.